The plausibility of a film is not only achieved by the actors. Today’s guest is Donald Mowat, one of the most sought-after makeup artists in the film industry. With a career spanning over 30 years, Donald is a true expert in this field. He served as head of the makeup department and designer on films such as The Fighter, 8 Mile, Sicario, Blade Runner 2049, and many more. His incredible work has earned him numerous awards and accolades, including the most recent BAFTA, SATURN and MUAHS Award nominations for his work in Denis Villeneuve’s Blade Runner 2049. With his own style, but knowing how to adapt with skill and professionalism in each genre of film and television, from period dramas to science fiction, Donald built a career that many in the film industry dream of.
- Donald tells how he realized that makeup was his passion.
- What a makeup artist actually does on set.
- He tells how he likes working with directors and his experience working with Denis Villenueve.
- The difference between a makeup designer and a makeup artist.
- Donald says what type of makeup he likes to do the most.
- How does he respond to an actor or director who doesn’t like your work.
- Why he is not interested in working in commercials at this time.
To learn more about Donald, follow him on Instagram, or visit his website.
Interested in knowing more about the show? Follow me on Instagram.
Go back home.